5 Sex-Boosting Yoga Moves To Improve Your Sex Live
I’ve been practicing yoga for 20 years, and I can say with 100 percent certainty that it’s the best workout in the world. Yoga helps you feel more confident, energized, and sexy from head to toe. One study found that women who do yoga regularly have better sex lives than their less-flexible peers!
But there are a few specific poses that can help you feel even sexier when you’re getting down on all fours—or standing up straight again after bending over backward. So if you’re ready to get back into your yoga pants or finally try them on for size (and then take them off), here are five moves that will make your body feel strong and like a tiger in bed.
#1: The Goddess Pose (Utkata Konasana)
This is an excellent move before you go on a date or meet a new lover. It will make your body feel strong, sexy, and confident—all of which are very sexy traits. The Goddess pose also helps to open up the hips, which can help improve your sex life by making penetration more accessible and more pleasurable for both partners.
Goddess pose is a wide squat that opens the hips and chest while toning the entire body. Many pregnancy yoga teachers like to include this asana in their class because it stretches inner thighs, groins, and hips—often under strain during pregnancy. It is also known as fiery angle poses for its powerful energizing benefits.
How to do it:
- Begin from Mountain pose.
- Spread your feet apart to a distance that’s twice as wide as your hips. Point toes outward at a 45-degree angle from straight ahead.
- Keep your back straight and bend deeply at the hips, so your knees go past your toes.
- Move the hips, and inner thighs outwards as you sink deeper into your squat.
- Place your hands on your knees and lift through the waist to lengthen the spine.
- Draw the tailbone down, and press your hands wide on your knees.
- Pull the glutes towards each other and exhale to squat deeper.
- Bring your hands into the prayer position at the end of the pose.
Release your hands and straighten your legs to come out of the pose. Then step or jump with both feet touching down together into Mountain Pose.
#2: The Flying Dragon
This sex-boosting yoga pose is a great way to tone your abs and strengthen your core, which is essential for overall sexual health. Lie flat on your back with both legs straight out in front of you—make sure they’re parallel to the floor.
- Start in a plank position, bend your knees and lean forward, so they’re parallel to the floor. Place your forearms on the floor under your shoulders, palms facing down, and fingers pointing away from you.
- Inhale and lift your right leg back behind you until it is bent at a 90-degree angle in line with your hip; keep this foot flexed as well (it should look like an airplane… flying dragon! Get it?). Engage both hamstrings by drawing them toward one another through inner thigh muscles (the adductors), causing them to contract slightly—this helps activate the muscles used for flexion of the hips, allowing you to get deeper into this pose without straining yourself unnecessarily.
- As you exhale, press down firmly through both hands as if bracing against something heavy to engage more firmly into each finger joint—this will help build strength throughout the entire hand and increase circulation within those same digits too! Try not to be alarmed if some blood rushes into these previously dormant areas; it’ll leave just as quickly once we take ourselves out of this pose again soon enough 🙂
Keeping both legs straight but relaxed during movement helps keep tension off them while building strength throughout all muscles involved. It is essential during pregnancy or postpartum recovery periods where balance may become difficult due to hormonal changes affecting the center of gravity located directly above the pelvis region. It happens due to the presence of the hormone progesterone secreted naturally produced within the body during the pregnancy process.
#3: The Butterfly Pose (Baddha Konasana)
The butterfly pose is another influential yoga position that can be used to improve sexual performance. This is a very influential position for increasing blood flow to the penis and stimulating sexual arousal. The butterfly pose is also helpful in strengthening the pelvic muscles, which can help improve your erections and make them last longer.
How to do it:
- Bring the soles of your feet together and close to your pelvis, allowing your knees to fall out on either side.
- Sit tall and straight, with your weight evenly distributed on both buttocks.
- Hold onto the outsides of your feet and gently press them together.
- Bend forward from your hips and keep your spine long as you lower yourself.
- Stay for 5 to 10 breathes
To come out of the pose, sit up straight again, lift your knees and straighten your legs
#4: The Half Bow (Ardha Dhanurasana)
This pose is a great one for beginners to tackle. It stretches the shoulders, chest, and spine while improving balance and flexibility. You can do this pose on a chair or the floor. You should be able to hold this pose for 5-10 breaths; however, if you have any lower back issues or are pregnant, it’s best not to do this!
How to do it:
- Lie on your belly, with your legs together or a few inches apart. Bring the chin to the floor and slide the right arm along the floor over the head with the palm facing down.
- Bend the right knee and reach your left hand back to hold onto your right heel (opposite hand/foot).
- Inhale, then kick your right foot into the arm to lift. Your head and chest should be off the floor; keep your neck in line with your spine and look at your forehead.
- Support yourself with your right arm, or rest it on the floor by lifting only as much as necessary.
- Breathe in for 2-6 breaths, and then hold your breath.
- To release: exhale, lower the leg, and arm, and head back to the floor.
- Repeat on another side.
Sex-Boosting Yoga Move #5: The Reverse Warrior (Viparita Virabhadrasana)
The Reverse Warrior is a robust posture that helps to open up the hips, groin, and upper thighs. It also strengthens the shoulders, back muscles, abdominal muscles, and glutes. The pose improves circulation and increases flexibility in the spine, which can help reduce lower back pain.
To perform this pose:
- Step into Warrior 2 pose with your right knee bent and your right palm facing the ceiling.
- As you inhale, lift your right arm to the ceiling and lower your left hand down your leg. Keep a long waistline as you do so.
- Firm your shoulder blades against the back, and draw in your lower ribs to slightly engage your core muscles.
- Lift your chest as you come into a gentle backbend. If you have neck or balance issues, look at your raised hand or your back foot.
- Stay in the pose for up to 5 breaths.
- Come back to Warrior 2 as you exhale.
- Repeat on the other side.
These five yoga moves will help you feel sexier
This sequence of five yoga poses will help you feel sexier. No matter your age or appearance, these moves will make you more confident, improve your posture and balance, and reduce stress—all great reasons to try them.
You don’t need any special equipment to do these poses at home; take care of any injuries by consulting a doctor before beginning this or any exercise program. They’re easy to learn; just follow the instructions in this article, and soon enough, you’ll feel more confident inside and out!
And there you have five yoga moves that will help you feel sexier. Remember, it takes a few minutes of practice in your bedroom before getting to business. You don’t need special equipment or clothing—just the desire to get close to yourself and your partner!