What Is An Acupressure Mat – Learn 5 Benefits Of Using One
Acupressure mats are a great way to improve your health. They’re easy to use and can help you relax, reduce stress, and even lose weight. Acupressure mats use pressure points that when pressed can relieve pain in your body as well as promote overall wellness. You can find them in many different styles including round ones that look like donuts or rectangular ones with spikes on one side or another style entirely depending on what type of pressure point relief you’re looking for!
What Is Acupressure?
Acupressure is the ancient practice of applying pressure to specific points on the body to create healing effects. When you apply pressure on these points your body releases endorphins that make you feel good while also increasing blood flow throughout the body. This increased blood flow in turn helps to relax muscles, improve circulation and detoxify our cells.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other government agency. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease!
What is an Acupressure Mat?
Acupressure mats are meant to relieve pain, improve sleep, and relax the body and mind. They have been around for thousands of years and can be traced back to ancient China. Acupuncture, an ancient Chinese medicine treatment that involves inserting needles into specific points on your body to treat a variety of ailments from headaches to pain relief from arthritis or other chronic conditions. Acupressure uses similar pressure points with the difference being that you use your own weight as opposed to a needle being inserted into your skin.
Acupressure mats are typically made up of several small nodules or bumps that provide pressure at different locations throughout the mat depending on where it’s placed under your body (note: there are some acupressure mats that also include heat). This type of mat can be used anywhere since it doesn’t require any special tools; all you need is yourself!
- Read Also: 6 Ayurvedic Medicines For Bloating and Gas
How do you use acupressure mat?
Acupressure mat therapy is a great way to relieve stress, relax your muscles, and get a better night’s sleep.
To use acupressure mat, place it on the floor and lie down on it. Place your hands or feet over the dots—your body will absorb these vibrations as you rest. You can also use an acupressure mat while sitting up in bed with legs crossed or during meditation. This is particularly beneficial if you suffer from insomnia because it helps calm the mind and relaxes your body when you’re tired at night.
What are the benefits of an acupressure mat?
Acupressure mats provide a variety of benefits. They can be used to relieve stress, relax your muscles, and get a better night’s sleep. They can also help with anxiety disorders, insomnia, and depression because they promote mental calmness and reduce cortisol levels in the bloodstream. Acupressure mats are easy to use and portable—you can take them anywhere!
- Stress: Acupressure mats are designed to relieve stress and tension by providing deep pressure stimulation. This is because the pressure of your body lying on the mat stimulates your acupressure points, which are located along your spine and in a few other key places on your body.
- Sleep quality: If you’re looking for some help getting to sleep at night, an acupressure mat might be just what you need! The weight of your body pressing down on the mat provides consistent and calming pressure—a feeling that can help you relax and get ready for bedtime.
- Pain relief: Research has shown that acupressure mats provide other benefits including pain relief. The weight of your body pressing down on the mat helps stimulate nerves in specific areas (like those along the spine), which can lessen pain in joints or muscles throughout the body. In addition, studies show that acupressure mats may reduce anxiety levels and promote relaxation; therefore they could potentially help relieve symptoms associated with acute or chronic pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia, migraine headaches or even arthritis. They also may help relieve symptoms of anxiety disorders, such as stress and depression.
- Improved circulation: Acupressure mats can also help improve blood flow. The weight of your body pressing down on the mat stimulates nerves in specific areas (like those along the spine), which can stimulate the lymphatic system and increase circulation. This is especially helpful for people who experience chronic pain because it helps reduce inflammation in muscles and joints—which, as we know, is a common cause of pain!
Acupressure mats can be used in many ways, and they have a lot of benefits. First, they are great for improving your sleep quality. Second, they can reduce pain and improve circulation in your body. Thirdly, they are a wonderful way to relax after a long day at work or school because they provide deep massages that relax your muscles so you feel refreshed after using one!
Finally, these mats will help you focus on what matters most at home or work so you don’t get distracted by stressors like noise pollution around others who may not be aware how loud their conversations really are (especially if those conversations involve topics unrelated to what’s being discussed around them).